March 10, 2020
This COVID-19 update pertains to all Heritage Communities locations:
- Heritage Pointe (Omaha, NE)
- Heritage Ridge (Omaha, NE)
- The Heritage at College View (Hastings, NE)
- The Heritage at Fox Run (Council Bluffs, IA)
- The Heritage at Legacy (Omaha, NE)
- The Heritage at Meridian Gardens (Columbus, NE)
- The Heritage at Northern Hills (Sioux City, IA)
- The Heritage at Sagewood (Grand Island, NE)
- The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens (Fremont, NE)
- The Heritage at Sterling Ridge (Omaha, NE)
- Orchard Pointe at Arrowhead (Glendale, AZ)
- Orchard Pointe at Surprise (Surprise, AZ)
- Orchard Pointe at Terrazza (Peoria, AZ)
With the increasing numbers of confirmed cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) across the country, we are currently limiting visitors at all of our communities. Our top priority is the safety and wellness of our residents. In an effort to protect those we serve, we are taking proactive steps to keep both residents and associates safe. At this time, we are limiting visitors to only those who are essential to our residents’ medical care. Limitations will also be placed on entertainment coming into the building, trips on our activity calendar and other previously planned events.
Please note that neither the building nor residents are under an official quarantine at this time. However, the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the area, and to our residents, is to limit exposure to others. Our industry associations NCAL (National Center for Assisted Living) and AHCA (American Health Care Association) are also encouraging all senior living communities to limit visitors as we are doing. Our residents will continue to be taken to their essential doctor appointments, while non-essential appointments are requested to be rescheduled. If there is a medical reason prompting your need to visit a resident at the community, please call ahead and speak to me to discuss options or alternatives to the visit.
We realize the importance of social visits, and would encourage families to consider phone calls, text messages, FaceTime and Skype as options during this time. Our communities are equipped to help coordinate communication through these platforms if requested.
We are monitoring this situation closely and will update you as we know more about the potential risk. Thank you for understanding.