Assisted Living in Norfolk, NE
Personal care with the right touch.
Assisted Living at The Heritage at Fountain Point provides the comforts of a private or semi-private apartment in Norfolk, Nebraska, with a supportive lifestyle that welcomes new residents, fosters friendships, and encourages family support.
Our Assisted Living services guarantee 24-hour access to highly trained caregivers who provide assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), including, but not limited to, bathing, dressing and medication administration.
With ADLs discreetly managed, our residents easily enjoy the events of each day with increased confidence. Assisted Living services are tailored to your physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
Get To Know Us.
We also go far beyond what you might expect:
- Our bright and airy community features a lovely courtyard with peaceful views.
- We are well loved. Just ask the several care team members who have worked here for more than 10 years!
- And our spacious dining room is a great spot to meet new friends and welcome family and old friends as often as you like.
Our goal is to help you remain as independent as possible for as long as possible with a personalized plan of wellness and care.
Assisted Living Services
Assisted Living services at The Heritage at Fountain Point are dedicated to providing assistance, as needed, with all activities of daily living (ADLs). Multiple Levels of Care supply an array of personalized services designed to meet your changing needs.
A points-based needs assessment by our health services team determines your individualized service plan of wellness and care. Multifunctional clinical/operations team reviews changes in your condition. Services include:
- Bathing/showering, grooming and dressing available as needed
- Dining, including food preparation and delivery of meals to an apartment
- Ordering, set up and administration of medications, inhalers, injections, eye, ear, nose drops, nasal sprays and oxygen
- Blood sugar checks and insulin injections
- Toileting and incontinence care
- Getting in and out of a chair or bed
- Mobility assistance
- Limited transportation to and from scheduled medical appointments
- Whirlpool bath available or shower
- Support stockings, braces, splints and prosthetics
- Coordinate care and supplies with other medical providers
- Monitoring of pulse rate, blood pressure and weight
- Coordination of long term care insurance benefits
- Pet care, feeding, walking and clean-up
Introducing Snapshots– for Assisted Living residents who need a little extra care.
Snapshots is an exclusive program for assisted living residents with mild cognitive impairment created to ensure that all residents have the opportunity for social engagement. Thoughtfully designed interactions promote brain health and wellness, while increased supportive cues and reminders assure that each resident is set up for success.
To learn more about Snapshots, please give us a call at 402-603-0358.
Assisted Living Amenities – more than you might expect
Amenities in Assisted Living communities are much more than “bells and whistles.” In fact, they are often the features that set us apart from other communities and the reason our families recommend us to other families.
- Beautifully-landscaped, secured outdoor courtyard
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in our full-service, restaurant-style dining room
- Daily snacks and beverages
- Private dining room for social gatherings
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry (sheets and towels)
- Recreational trips and activities
- Religious services on-site
- Limited transportation equipped with chair lift
- Personal 24-hr safety pendant call system
- Certified and attentive care team on-site 24/7
- Small pets welcome
- Salon/Barber shop
- Exercise facilities and classes
- Movie Theater
At The Heritage at Fountain Point, we are dedicated to providing modern, comfortable, and easy-to-navigate studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments for our Assisted Living residents.
We also provide features and extra touches that create joy and make life a little easier.
- Kitchenette including microwave and full-sized freezer/refrigerator
- Cable television
- Wireless high-speed Internet
- Utilities (gas, electric, water)
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning units
- Window treatments
- Walk-in showers with bench
What Is the Difference Between Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Care?
The main difference between Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing is the type and extent of care provided.
Assisted Living communities provide assistance, as needed, with activities of daily living.
Skilled Nursing communities (SNCs or SNFs) provide both short-term and long-term rehabilitation and medical care. Some stand-alone Skilled Nursing communities are affiliated with large hospital networks. (In the past, people often referred to SNCs as “nursing homes,” but that term is largely obsolete.)
For the most part, care in Assisted Living communities is provided by certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and medication management technicians (med techs). While most Assisted Living communities will have a supervising registered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN) as part of the care team, they generally provide supervision and oversight, not daily practical nursing care.
The majority of care provided in a Skilled Nursing community is nursing care delivered by LPNs or RNs. Care is often required 24/7 and is considered high-level nursing care.
Additional Resources for You
Are you looking for more information about Assisted Living in and around Norfolk, Nebraska? Here are some resources we’ve collected to make your research a little bit easier.
- Signs It’s Time for Assisted Living
- Assisted Living – What is included and how much does it cost
- The perfect blend of independence and support
- Staying independent in assisted living
- How to pay for assisted living