Assisted Living in Omaha, Nebraska
The right touch of personal care.
Assisted Living at The Heritage at Legacy provides the comforts of a private or semi-private apartment in Omaha, Nebraska, with a supportive lifestyle that welcomes new residents, fosters friendships among residents at all levels, and encourages family support.
But what we’re really known for is offering a friendly, fun and welcoming community enhanced by some unique assets.
- Our bright and airy community has a lovely courtyard with water features and peaceful views.
- Residents and family members love our location close to Lake Zorinsky and all its offerings.
- Our spacious dining room is a great spot to meet new friends and welcome family and old friends as often as you like.
- Our Events Calendar is filled with unusual, unique and fun things to do, both on campus and off site.
We’ve also cultivated a reputation for providing excellent Assisted Living care. Our Assisted Living services guarantee 24-hour access to highly trained caregivers who provide assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), including, but not limited to, bathing, dressing and medication administration.
With ADLs discreetly managed, our residents easily enjoy the events of each day with increased confidence. Assisted Living services are tailored to your physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
Our goal is to help you remain as independent as possible for as long as possible with a personalized plan of wellness and care.
Assisted Living Services
Assisted Living services at The Heritage at Legacy are dedicated to providing assistance, as needed, with all activities of daily living:
- Assistance with eating, including mealtime reminders
- Bathing or showering
- Dressing and grooming
- Walking (with or without assistance)
- Toileting (assistance on or off, assistance with continence aids)
- Medication reminders and/or medication administration
- Transferring (from bed to toilet, from walker to chair, etc.)
But more than that, we care for our residents in a delightfully friendly environment. Ice cream and cookies are always available, as are daily invitations to a lively array of fun-filled events and activities. Our staff and residents are particularly dedicated to making sure that anyone who is seeking something fun to do will find something to enjoy today at The Heritage at Legacy.
Did You Know?
One of the first questions many people ask us is “What does Assisted Living cost?”
The national median cost of Assisted Living is $4,500 per month, according to Genworth’s 2021 Cost of Care Survey. According to PayingforSeniorCare.com, the average monthly cost of Assisted Living in Nebraska is $3,819. The Grand Island metropolitan area and Omaha have an average monthly cost that is just over the statewide average at approximately $3,945 – $4,000/month.
Introducing Snapshots– for Assisted Living residents who need a little extra care.
For our residents who need a little bit more care – but who do not require Memory Care – The Heritage at Legacy has introduced our exclusive Snapshots program.
Snapshots is a program of additional support and care for residents with mild cognitive impairments. Snapshots ensures that participating residents have the opportunity to join and enjoy welcoming and enjoyable social engagement.
Snapshots offers thoughtfully designed activities in small groups or one-on-one. We strive to help our residents enjoy fun, social events, whereas larger group activities may create frustration and distraction.
Our goal is to help residents with mild cognitive impairments once again enjoy leisure activities they may have not enjoyed for some time.
Snapshots’ structured activities happen several times a week, at times and places most comfortable for the residents.
Our program’s success lies in our focus on what our residents can do and enjoy doing. It’s quite simple, but it’s also amazing.
To learn more about Snapshots, please give us a call at 402-603-0358.
Assisted Living amenities – more than you might expect
Amenities in Assisted Living communities are much more than “bells and whistles.” In fact, they are often the features that set us apart from other communities and the reason our families recommend us to other families.
- Community dining at all mealtimes to encourage socializing
- One-on-one assistance with dining as needed
- Engaging, fun and stimulating daily activities
- Welcome access to safe outdoor spaces
- Art and music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Low-frustration, high-enjoyment (LFHE) fitness activities
- Planned and spontaneous activities
- Snacks and healthy beverages as desired
- Housekeeping and laundry included in monthly fee
- Transportation to routine medical appointments
- Weekly whirlpool bath as desired
At The Heritage at Legacy, we are dedicated to providing modern, comfortable, and easy-to-navigate studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments for our Assisted Living residents.
We also provide features and extra touches that create joy and make life a little easier.
- Kitchenette with a microwave, breakfast bar, and full-sized freezer/refrigerator
- Cable television with 71 channels
- Wireless high-speed internet
- Walk-in closets
- All utilities (gas, electric, water) included
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning units
- Window treatments allow residents to control daylight
Community amenities delight the senses and make each day more enjoyable.
- Beautifully-landscaped, secured outdoor courtyard
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in our full-service, restaurant-style dining room
- Daily snacks and beverages
- Private dining room available for social gatherings
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry (sheets and towels)
- Recreational trips and activities
- Religious services on-site
- Limited medical transportation
- Personal 24-hour safety pendant call system
- Certified and attentive care staff on site 24/7
- Small pets welcome
- Salon/Barber shop
- Exercise facilities including classes