Independent Living in Omaha
The life you love just got better.
Independent Living at The Heritage at Legacy in Omaha, Nebraska, means enjoying a vibrant, new community designed with your preferences in mind. It means enjoying an ideal location, a maintenance-free lifestyle, and plenty of opportunities to have fun!
Even better? Our dedicated and highly qualified care team delights in offering personalized assistance that allows you to enjoy each day with as much freedom and independence as possible.
Did You Know?
At The Heritage at Legacy, Independent Living residents have the option of staying in their apartment residence here on campus if their care needs change. There’s no need to move into an Assisted Living apartment if you prefer not to. To learn more about our Transition in Place program, please give us a call at 402-835-0084.
Get to Know Us.
What are we known for here at The Heritage at Legacy?
- Our bright and airy community features lovely courtyards with water features and peaceful views.
- Residents and family members enjoy our location close to Zorinsky Lake and all its offerings.
- We’re close to local hospitals, medical centers, shopping centers and grocery stores – and our neighborhood is safe, walkable and friendly.
- Our spacious dining room is a great spot to meet new friends and welcome family and old friends as often as you like.
Most important, we offer what you want today – an Independent Living lifestyle – and what you may need tomorrow – Assisted Living, Memory Care and Home Health care.
Choose the Independent Living residence that’s perfect for you.
At The Heritage at Legacy, we offer three unique Independent Living floor plans that are perfect for active adults. Each one is light filled, well designed, and includes modern, easy-to-use appliances.
Your new apartment home will delight you.
One of the best features of Independent Living at The Heritage at Legacy is that we’ll take care of all the responsibilities of home maintenance that you just don’t want to do anymore. No more housekeeping, yardwork, snow removal, painting, fixing and repairs. We do it all for you!
We offer you several options for the size and layout of your residence, from studios to one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and two-bedroom-plus-den apartments.
Features & Appliances
Next, we appoint your apartment home with features and appliances that make life easier and more enjoyable, such as:
- Full kitchen, including stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, and full-sized freezer/refrigerator
- Stackable washer and dryer
- Expanded cable television
- Wireless Internet
- Utilities (gas, electric, water)
- Television and telephone hook-ups in living room and bedrooms
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning units
- Window treatments
- Emergency call pendant
- Emergency pull cord in bathroom
- Curbless showers with bench
We want you to feel at home and your home to feel like you. However you choose to decorate your residence, we will ensure that safety and comfort come first.
Our amenities will enhance your independence
- Beautifully-landscaped, secured outdoor courtyards
- Restaurant-style dining with choice of two meals daily
- Private dining room for social gatherings
- Bi-weekly housekeeping and laundry (sheets/towels)
- Recreational trips and extensive activities
- Religious services on-site
- Heated underground parking
- Limited medical transportation
- Electronic daily check-in system for your peace of mind
- Community room
- Salon/Barber shop
- Exercise facilities
- Small pets welcome
We truly value the ability to have fun each day. Do you have a passion you’d like to share with others? Our life-enrichment director welcomes ideas, so bring on those suggestions!
What is Independent Living?
Independent Living in a retirement community means just that. You live with another person, or alone, in your choice of an on-campus home, cottage or apartment. Independent Living residents must be able to live safely without around-the-clock care.
The main benefits of choosing an Independent Living senior community are widely considered to be:
- Giving up the costs and physical burdens of homeownership
- Enjoying a maintenance-free residence designed for your needs
- Having the freedom to travel without worrying about your residence
- Meeting new people with similar backgrounds and interests
- Having access to higher levels of health care, should you ever need it
Why consider Independent Living today?
One of the best reasons to consider a move to an Independent Living community today is that housing prices are at an all-time high in the United States, and increased assets from the sale of one’s primary residence can go a long way toward helping to pay for Independent Living in a senior living community.
What does Independent Living cost?
The cost of joining an Independent Living community depends upon several factors, including:
- Geographic location of the community
- Apartment or home floor plan
- Amenities and service fees
- Size and scope of the senior care community
- Living or alone or with another person
What is the difference between Independent Living and Assisted Living?
Seniors who choose to live in Independent Living communities seek to downsize to reduce the monthly costs of homeownership and make daily living easier and more enjoyable.
Independent Living communities do not provide care services or regular health care.
Assisted Living describes a type of community where residents require assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs).
ADLs are generally considered to be:
Safe restroom use
Walking (with or without assistance), and safe and functional transferring
The primary goal of Assisted Living communities is to help residents maintain as much independence as possible while enjoying a stimulating and social lifestyle.
We love making new friends.
Learn more about Independent Living at The Heritage at Legacy. Please complete the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly.