Respite Care in Omaha, Nebraska
And welcome relief for caregivers and family members.
Short-term Respite Care is helpful for those coming out of rehab after a surgery, when living alone may not be possible yet. During your loved one’s respite stay, they’ll experience all the perks of a full-time community resident.
When a family caregiver needs a temporary break, The Heritage at Creek Valley can help with a respite stay. Your loved one will have a furnished private residence with towels, linens and access to all our Carrollton, Texas, community has to offer – including attentive care. All you need to bring are clothes and other small items of importance your loved one might need during their stay.
Our Respite Care residences include:
- Fully furnished studio or one-bedroom apartments
- Kitchenette, including a microwave and full-sized freezer/refrigerator
- Cable television
- Wireless, high-speed internet
- Utilities (gas, electric, water)
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning units
- Window treatments
- Housekeeping and laundry
Respite Care services include:
- Three healthy meals a day
- Medication reminders as needed
- Pendant call system for 24-hour safety
- Certified and attentive care staff on site 24/7
- Weekly whirlpool bath
- A fully furnished and comfortable apartment
- Welcoming invitations to all social events
- Continuation of any rehabilitative care they may have been assigned upon discharge from a prior medical setting
- Care tailored to whatever level of care they would require if they were a full-time resident
What is a respite stay without great amenities?
Heritage retirement communities provide both senior care and a well-designed community that make daily life easier and more enjoyable. We are dedicated to enhancing your well-being and sense of joy through our abundant community amenities and special touches.
Respite Care residents at The Heritage at Legacy will enjoy:
- Beautifully landscaped, accessible outdoor courtyard
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in our dining room
- Private dining room available for parties and social gatherings
- A regular calendar of events and social gatherings
- Trips and off-campus shopping
- Transportation equipped with a chairlift
- Religious services
- Exercise facilities and classes
- Community spaces such as a library, pub and movie theater
- Small pets welcome (upon approval)
What is Respite Care?
Respite Care provides short-term relief for primary caregivers whether they be paid caregivers or family members.
Respite Care can be arranged for just an afternoon or for several days or weeks. Care can be provided at home, in a retirement community, or at an adult day center.
What services are included with Respite Care?
The specific services offered for a short-term stay depend on the type of care needed. If a prospective Respite Care resident is mostly independent, they may be able to qualify for respite stay in an Independent Living setting.
If a prospective Respite Care resident requires assistance with certain activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing and medication management, they may find Respite Care in an Assisted Living community to be more appropriate.
Does Medicare pay for Respite Care?
Medicare only covers Respite Care when a senior is receiving licensed hospice care.
While daily rates will vary, Respite Care is generally offered by the following:
- Local retirement communities
- Adult day care service organizations
- Respite Care organizations
What does Respite Care cost?
The cost of Respite Care depends on three factors:
What care services are needed? If a senior only needs companion care and minimal physical assistance for eight hours per day, that will cost less than someone who requires assistance with medication and daily activities around-the-clock.
Where will the services be provided? While at-home Respite Care is available, family members often prefer residential Respite Care for a loved one. Not only does residential Respite Care allow family members to enjoy their home without the responsibility of caregiving, but it also allows them to have physical distance from their loved one.
How long is care needed? Whether the need is for a week, a month, or just a long weekend, the length of the respite visit will determine the cost.
The best way to obtain pricing for Respite Care is to speak to a sales counselor who can answer your questions quickly and easily.
What benefits does Respite Care offer?
- Mental and physical relief to family members. Whether a family member provides day-to-day care for a senior, or they coordinate and manage care provided by an outside agency, their job is never-ending and always challenging. As with any job, breaks and time off are essential.
- Interim care for seniors between hospital and home. In today’s world of outpatient surgeries and shortened hospital stays, patients – of any age – are not often fully “recovered” when discharged from a hospital or surgery center. For seniors going home, they may be putting themselves in danger of falls, slips, or mental confusion as a result of recent medical procedures. Respite Care is a tremendous benefit to bridge the gap between hospital/outpatient surgery center and home.
- Offers seniors a “trial run” in a retirement community. Many seniors have historical or experiential bias against any type of retirement living options. But when they take advantage of a short-term Respite Care stay, they are often amazed and thrilled with what they learn and experience in today’s highly tailored and customer-focused communities.