Independent Living in Sioux City
The life you love just got better.
Independent Living at The Heritage at Northern Hills in Sioux City, Iowa, means enjoying a vibrant, warm community designed with your preferences in mind. It means enjoying an ideal location, a maintenance-free lifestyle, and plenty of opportunities to have fun!
Even better? Our friendly and highly qualified care team delights in offering personalized assistance that allows you to enjoy each day with as much freedom and independence as possible.
Most important, we offer what you want today – an Independent Living lifestyle – and what you may need tomorrow – Assisted Living and Respite Care.
Did You Know?
Many of our associates have worked with us at The Heritage at Northern Hills for more than 10 years. That speaks volumes about our reputation and leadership.
Get to Know Us.
What are we known for here at The Heritage at Northern Hills?
- We’ve won a Siouxland’s Choice Award 3 of the last 4 years.
- Our bright and airy community features lovely courtyards with water features and peaceful, countryside views.
- Spend time with friends in our movie theater, game room, and coffee shop. Visit our Events Calendar to learn more!
- Our spacious dining room is a great spot to meet new friends and welcome family as often as you like.
- Our caring and experienced care team includes a registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, certified medication aides and caregivers available 24 hours a day.
- Located on the north side of Sioux City, shopping, restaurants, and a variety of entertainment venues are nearby.
Choose the Independent Living residence that’s perfect for you.
At The Heritage at Northern Hills, we offer six large and unique Independent Living floor plans that are perfect for active adults. Each one is light filled, well designed, and includes modern, easy-to-use appliances.
Your new apartment home will delight you.
The Heritage at Northern Hills is committed to offering you choices that exceed your expectations.
One of the best features of Independent Living at The Heritage at Northern Hills is that we’ll take care of all the responsibilities of home maintenance that you just don’t want to do anymore. No more housekeeping, yardwork, snow removal, painting, fixing and repairs. We do it all for you!
We offer you several options in the size and layout of your residence, from studios to one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and bedroom-plus-den apartments.
Features & Appliances
Next, we appoint your apartment home with features and appliances that make life easier and enjoyable, such as:
- Full kitchen, including stove/ oven, microwave, dishwasher, and full-sized freezer/refrigerator
- Cable television
- Wireless high-speed Internet
- Garages available
- Television and telephone hookups in living room and bedrooms
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning units
- Window treatments
- All utilities included, except phone
- Walk-in showers
We want you to feel at home and your home to feel like you. However you choose to decorate your residence, we will ensure that safety and comfort come first.
Our amenities will enhance your independence
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided
- Bi-weekly housekeeping
- Personal laundry on housekeeping day
- Recreational trips and activities
- Limited transportation to medical appointments
- Activity room available for social gatherings
- Community room
- Salon/ Barber shop
- Exercise facilities
- Small pets welcome
We truly value the ability to have fun each day. Do you have a passion you’d like to share with others? Our life-enrichment director welcomes ideas, so bring on those suggestions!
What is Independent Living?
Independent Living in a retirement community means just that. You live with another person, or alone, in your choice of an on-campus home, cottage or apartment. Independent Living residents must be able to live safely without around-the-clock care.
The main benefits of choosing an Independent Living senior community are widely considered to be:
- Giving up the costs and physical burdens of homeownership
- Enjoying a maintenance-free residence designed for your needs
- Having the freedom to travel without worrying about your residence
- Meeting new people with similar backgrounds and interests
- Having access to higher levels of health care, should you ever need it
Why consider Independent Living today?
One of the best reasons to consider a move to an Independent Living community today is that housing prices are at an all-time high in the United States, and increased assets from the sale of one’s primary residence can go a long way toward helping to pay for Independent Living in a senior living community.
What does Independent Living cost?
The cost of joining an Independent Living community depends upon several factors, including:
- Geographic location of the community
- Apartment or home floor plan
- Amenities and service fees
- Size and scope of the senior care community
- Living or alone or with another person
What is the difference between Independent Living and Assisted Living?
Seniors who choose to live in Independent Living communities seek to downsize to reduce the monthly costs of homeownership and make daily living easier and more enjoyable.
Independent Living communities do not provide care services or regular health care.
Assisted Living describes a type of community where residents require assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs).
ADLs are generally considered to be:
Safe restroom use
Walking (with or without assistance), and safe and functional transferring
The primary goal of Assisted Living communities is to help residents maintain as much independence as possible while enjoying a stimulating and social lifestyle.
We love making new friends.
Learn more about Independent Living at The Heritage at Northern Hills. Please complete the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly.