Tailored to you right here in Fremont.
Assisted Living at The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens provides the comforts of a private or semi-private apartment in Fremont, Nebraska, with a supportive lifestyle that welcomes new residents, fosters friendships, and encourages family support.
But we also go far beyond what you might expect with unique features that might surprise you, including:
- We’re conveniently located just north of the Fremont Area Medical Center.
- We’re pet-friendly and welcome visiting pets as well.
- Our walking trails and enclosed courtyard are favorites of residents and families alike.
- In addition to an ever-changing Events schedule, we also are proud of our movie theater and well-stocked library.
Our goal is to help you remain as independent as possible, for as long as possible, with a personalized plan of wellness and care.
Did You Know?
Should your loved one ever require Memory Care services here at The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens, we can bring those services to them in their current residence. There would be no need to disrupt their life by moving them from one residence to another if their needs change.
Care You Can Trust
Assisted Living services at The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens guarantee 24-hour access to highly trained caregivers who provide assistance with all Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Multiple Levels of Care supply an array of personalized services designed to meet your changing needs.
A points-based needs assessment by our health services team determines your individualized service plan of wellness and care. Multifunctional clinical/operations team reviews changes in your condition.
With ADLs discreetly managed, our residents easily enjoy the events of each day with increased confidence. Our Assisted Living services are tailored to your physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
Asssisted Living Services
- Bathing/showering, grooming and dressing
- Dining, including food preparation and delivery of meals to an apartment
- Ordering, set up and administration of medications, inhalers, injections, eye, ear, nose drops, nasal sprays and oxygen
- Blood sugar checks and insulin injections
- Toileting and incontinence care
- Getting in and out of a chair or bed
- Mobility assistance
- Escorted, limited transportation to and from scheduled medical appointments
- Whirlpool Bath available
- Support stockings, branches, splint and prosthetics
- Coordination of care with physicians, therapy, home health, hospice providers and medical supply companies
- Monitoring of pulse rate, blood pressure and weight
- Coordination of long term care insurance benefits
- Pet care, including feeding, walking and clean-up
- Personal laundry
Explore Our Assisted Living Residences
At The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens, we are dedicated to providing modern, comfortable, and easy-to-navigate studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments for our Assisted Living residents.
We also provide features and extra touches that create joy and make life a little easier.
- Kitchenette including microwave and full-sized freezer/refrigerator
- Cable television
- Wireless high-speed internet
- Utilities (gas, electric, water)
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning units
- Window treatments
- Walk-in showers with a bench
Assisted Living amenities – more than you might expect
Amenities in Assisted Living communities are much more than “bells and whistles.” In fact, they are often the features that set us apart from other communities and the reason our families recommend us to other families.
- Beautifully-landscaped, secured outdoor courtyard
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in our full-service, restaurant-style dining room
- Daily snacks and beverages
- Private dining room for social gatherings
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry (sheets and towels)
- Recreational trips and activities
- Religious services on-site
- Limited transportation equipped with chair lift
- Personal 24-hr safety pendant call system
- Certified and attentive care team on-site 24/7
- Small pets welcome
- Salon/ Barber shop
- Exercise classes
- Movie Theater
Introducing Snapshots– for Assisted Living residents who need a little extra care.
Snapshots is an exclusive program for assisted living residents with mild cognitive impairment created to ensure that all residents have the opportunity for social engagement. Thoughtfully designed interactions promote brain health and wellness, while increased supportive cues and reminders assure that each resident is set up for success.
To learn more about Snapshots, please give us a call at 402-603-0358.
Additional Resources for You
Are you looking for more information about Assisted Living in and around Fremont, Nebraska? Here are some resources we’ve collected to make your research a little bit easier.