Assisted Living in Omaha, NE
The right touch of personal care.
Assisted Living provides the comforts of a private apartment in Omaha, NE, with a social lifestyle that welcomes new residents and fosters friendships.
Assisted Living means you have 24-hour access to personal care for hands-on assistance with daily tasks, including:
• Medication administration
With activities of daily living discreetly managed, our residents easily enjoy the events of each day. Assisted Living services are tailored to your physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs. Our goal is to help you remain as independent as possible for as long as possible with a personalized plan of wellness and care.
Apartment services and amenities:
- Kitchenette, including microwave and full-sized freezer/refrigerator
- Cable television
- Wireless high-speed internet
- Utilities (gas, electric, water)
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning units
- Window treatments
Community services and amenities:
- Beautifully landscaped, secured outdoor courtyard
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served daily in our restaurant-style dining room
- Daily snacks
- Private dining room available for parties and social gatherings
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry (sheets and towels)
- Recreational trips and extensive activities
- Religious services on-site
- Detached garages available
- Transportation equipped with chair lift
- Personal safety pendant call system for 24-hour assistance
- Certified and attentive care staff on-site 24/7
- Weekly whirlpool bath available
- Small pets welcome
- Salon/barber shop
- Exercise facilities including classes
- Movie theater and library
Questions to ask when considering Assisted Living Communities:
Services and Care
- What is Assisted Living and what does it provide?
- What type of care is included in Assisted Living?
- Are there additional costs?
- What are Levels of Care? How many do you offer?
- Who provides care in Assisted Living communities?
- Are pets allowed?
- Can a spouse live in assisted living?
- If a resident is admitted to the hospital or is away temporarily, what fees continue to apply?
- Can I bring my car? Will you allow me to drive?
- What activities are offered in assisted living?
- Are off-site trips and activities offered?
- Do you provide complimentary local transportation?
Costs and Payment
- What is the monthly fee? How often are there increases?
- How far in advance will I be notified of a price increase?
- Is there a Deposit or Community Fee? Is this a one-time fee?
- What kind of payment does the community accept?
- Does the community accept Medicaid?
- How does the community bill its residents? Does the community generate a paper bill or are electronic payments allowed?
- If I’m hungry between meals are snacks readily available?
- Will I have a kitchenette, refrigerator, or a mini-fridge in my residence?
- I have dietary limitations. Can they accommodate my needs?
- How many dining options do you offer?
- Do you have private dining rooms for family events?
- If I’m hungry, are “seconds” available?
- Does the community serve or allow alcohol?
Management, Oversight, and Regulations
- How is the community addressing Covid-19 protocols?
- How are Assisted Living Communities regulated and licensed?
- To whom do I voice my concerns, should I ever have any?
- How Many Residents Do You Have? What is the current occupancy?
- Do You Have Staff on-Site 24/7?
Decision Making & Moving
- How do you know if Assisted Living is right for you?
- When will I know the time is right to move to Assisted Living?
- Is there availability or is there a waiting list?
- How does one move to assisted living?
- Are senior focused moving companies a good idea?
- How does your community welcome a new resident?
- Can you leave assisted living? What is the process?
Insurance and Taxes
- What costs of assisted living are tax deductible?
- Does long term care insurance pay for assisted living?
- I am a Veteran. How can Veteran’s Benefits help me?
- Does Medicare pay for anything in assisted living?
Resident Satisfaction and Expectations
- How does the community maintain security?
- What role does family play?
- How often and when can family visit?
- How do you track resident satisfaction?
- Are there rules (like behavioral conditions) that residents need to observe? Can the community terminate services if these conditions are not met?
What does Assisted Living cost?
One of the top considerations of choosing an Assisted Living Community is cost. You want to avoid falling in love with a community you or your family can not afford.
Like buying a home, the general cost of living in a state, region, or city will drive retirement living costs. Retiring in Omaha will certainly cost less than retiring in Miami.
Work with a financial planner to get a clear picture of current assets in order to create a budget. Believe it or not, most people don’t realize there are many ways to pay for retirement living. Take a moment to read our blog post How To Pay for Assisted Living.
Heritage Communities offers Assisted Living Communities in Nebraska, Iowa, Arizona, and Texas.
According to Genworth’s most recent Cost of Care Survey, the average monthly rates for assisted living in these states are:
When you take tours of Assisted Living Communities you are interested in, be sure to ask the Marketing Counselor how people pay for assisted living. They are on the front lines, so their answers are going to be current and accurate.