Respite Care in Omaha just got a lot easier.
Welcome Relief When Needed.
Sometimes seniors who have recently had surgery or intensive inpatient rehabilitation may find they are not quite ready to return home when they are discharged.
We have good news for you! Heritage Pointe – located in Omaha, Nebraska – now offers short-term Respite Care for seniors who are not yet ready to return home after a hospital or rehab stay.
Respite Care is a great way to “fill in the gap” between hospital, rehab and home. Respite Care offers that extra bit of assistance, support, and time to get stronger and healthier before returning home.
At Heritage Pointe, we work with your physical therapists and your primary care physician to coordinate continued physical therapy, occupational therapy, and any other assistance you may require, and we’ll bring it to you right here on our campus. When you are ready to return home, we will make that step easy too.
Heritage Pointe is also proud to offer its residents and area seniors quality Home Health care through our partnership with Heritage OnCare. To learn more about Heritage OnCare, please click here.
Relief for Caregivers Is Right Here.
Whether you provide care and support to a loved one in your own home or you visit them regularly to make sure they are well, being a caregiver for a senior can be demanding.
We have good news for you! Short-term Respite Care is a wonderful way for family caregivers to take a break for themselves while ensuring their loved one is safe, happy and well cared for.
Heritage Pointe – located in Omaha, Nebraska – offers short-term Respite Care for seniors. From a few days to several weeks, we will provide your loved one with a comfortable, safe, enjoyable stay while YOU take care of yourself.
What type of care is Respite Care?
- Respite Care is planned or emergency temporary care provided to seniors when their caregivers cannot provide care.
- Respite Care provides planned short-term and time-limited breaks for families and other caregivers of seniors with the goal of maintaining the health and well-being of the senior while the caregiver takes time off or time away.
- Respite Care provides a positive, health-centered and safe experience for the person receiving care.
Are you or a loved one thinking about retirement living options? Respite Care is a great way to “try out” living in a retirement community before making a big change. Respite Care offers a unique way to introduce the benefits of Assisted Living to today’s seniors.
Respite stays can be as short as a few days or as long as several weeks. This flexibility allows seniors the opportunity to learn all about the joys and benefits of retirement living without the pressure of making a decision more quickly than they may want.
Respite Care has many benefits.
During your loved one’s respite stay, they’ll experience all the perks of a full-time community resident. Three delicious meals each day served in our warm and welcoming dining room. A beautiful and secure courtyard. Housekeeping and laundry services. Trips, activities, and on-site religious services.
Even better? They will be warmly welcomed as one of the family by our residents and the staff here at Heritage Pointe, no matter how short or long their visit may be.
Respite Care Services and Amenities:
As a Respite Care resident at Heritage Pointe, your loved one will have a furnished private residence with towels, linens, and access to all our Omaha community has to offer – including highly attentive and professional care.
All you need to bring are clothes, preferred toiletries, and any other small items of importance your loved one might need or want during their stay.
Respite Care services at Heritage Pointe include:
- Certified and attentive care staff on site 24/7
- Medication management and supervision
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing and grooming
- Off-site transportation equipped with a chairlift as needed
- Personal safety pendant call system for 24-hour assistance
- Weekly whirlpool bath as desired
Community services and amenities:
Respite Care resident are warmly welcomed to enjoy all the services and amenities available at Heritage Pointe, including:
- Beautifully landscaped, secure outdoor courtyard
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in our dining room
- Private dining room available for parties and social gatherings
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Recreational trips and extensive activities, with transportation provided
- Religious services on site
- Salon/barbershop Exercise facilities and classes
- Community spaces such as a library, pub and movie theater
- Kitchenette with breakfast bar and modern appliances
- Cable television
- Wireless high-speed internet
- Utilities (gas, electric, water)
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning units
- Window treatments
Do you like to stay busy and have fun?
Our residents lead active, engaged lives here at Heritage Pointe, and they are particularly warm and welcoming to all new and short-term Respite Care residents.
You’ll have no shortage of activities, classes, trips and more to take advantage of during your respite stay. To learn more about our events and activities, click here.