The Heritage at Sterling Ridge offers a secure environment tailored to those with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Shared and private suites, as well as comfortable common areas, have been designed to support cognitive loss and encourage engagement. Our memory care community in Omaha, NE, is designed to be both stimulating and supportive.
Based on the philosophies and principles of Dr. Maria Montessori, our exclusive Portraits program is centered on enhancing our residents’ abilities - what they can do instead of what they can’t. Our goal is to support the cognitive loss many of our Memory Care residents face, and create individualized programming for them that adds purpose and meaning to their lives.
Our team regularly gathers to review items, photos and stories collected from residents’ families, giving us insight into ur residents’ pasts. Where are they from? What did they do? What brings them joy? Who did they love? Our team members then share their own observations about each resident’s needs, abilities, challenges and what responsive behaviors are occurring and why. This allows the team to develop individualized programs, giving each resident roles and routines.
Memory Care Apartments Include:
- Smoke/fire detectors and sprinkler systems
- Utilities (gas, electric, water)
- Cable television
- Window treatments
Memory Care Services and Amenities:
- Certified and attentive care staff on-site 24/7 trained in accordance with the guidelines of the Alzheimer’s Association of America
- Personalized care including medication management, bathing, dressing, grooming, ongoing orientation and guidance
- Optimum staff-to-resident ratio
- Engaging, multi-sensory activities
- Planned and spontaneous activities
- Meals and snacks as desired
- Housekeeping & laundry
- Whirlpool baths as needed