Imagine finding an empty golden lamp while walking on the beach. You rub it, and sure enough, the genie pops out and says, “If you could fill your life with delight and convenience, what would you wish for?” That’s kind of how it is when considering your choice for senior living: you want to pick the lifestyle with the amenities and conveniences you desire, and will make the most use of, as part of a carefree lifestyle. The good news: today’s senior living amenities are waiting for you!
A wish come true: senior living amenities that you can savor
Whether you live independently, or you need a bit of daily assistance, you deserve a lifestyle that brings more to your life. After all, this is your time to really enjoy yourself, and let someone else worry with chores like housekeeping, maintenance, even changing a light bulb. And today’s communities are designed to help you do just that, with many senior living amenities mirroring those you might normally expect to find in a resort or on a cruise ship.
But before you let a list of amenities dazzle you, keep in mind how you like to spend your time. For example, if you’re not a swimming enthusiast, having an on-site pool might not be that important. Or if your needs are best met in assisted living, you might appreciate being able to access delicious dining just down the hall instead of paying to have a stove and range in your apartment.
That’s why at Heritage Communities, our goal is to offer thoughtful senior living amenities and touches that truly create joy and make your life a little easier.
A good first step is to make a list of what you would like in your new retirement address, both for comfort and convenience. Then as you tour communities, you can see what they have and how much residents are enjoying life there.
Senior living amenities today: Life is good!
Here are some to consider as you make your choice.
- Beautifully landscaped outdoor areas. Getting outside is good for you. And if you’re a nature lover, you most likely crave some fresh air and sunshine each day. Today’s communities not only offer lovely patios and sensory gardens, many provide areas for al fresco dining, lawn games, and walking paths for all generations to enjoy.
- Safety features designed for senior health. Senior living amenities are designed to help each resident enjoy life more with less worry. Accessible bathrooms feature grab bars and walk-in showers. Hallways are wider and well-lighted with handrails for easy passage. Surfaces are one-level without tripping hazards such as throw rugs. Residents can often opt for a personal safety pendant that comes with 24-hour assistance. The whole environment is dedicated to your wellbeing.
- Pleasant dining venues and chef-prepared menus. Mealtimes are for gathering with friends and family and savoring delicious cuisine. In a senior living community, menus are usually created for both taste and nutrition, and served by a cheerful staff who understand the importance of hospitality. Dietary restrictions are easily accommodated and menus feature lots of choices. From formal to casual to grab and go, exceptional dining is one of the most popular senior living amenities.
- Common spaces for entertainment and relaxation. Many of today’s senior living communities feature a movie theater with popcorn. A lively pub for happy hour gatherings. A library with the latest titles. A fitness center with classes for all levels, including chair exercises, equipment and instruction. Living room areas for cozy afternoons with families and guests. These common spaces are more than senior living amenities, they are part of your home—and they’re just down the hall.
- Well-designed residences. Comfort and convenience are the common themes for today’s accommodations in all levels of senior living. For example, in Heritage communities, every independent living and assisted living apartment comes with a full-sized refrigerator/freezer. Floor plans are spacious and designed for ease of movement and comfort, offering a feeling of being at home. Details such as window treatments and individually controlled heat and air conditioning are standard as well.
- Lots of ways to simplify your life and make it more enjoyable. Another of the most popular senior living amenities is plain old-fashioned fun. You’ll find a lot of it: art classes; book clubs; lectures and presentations; special outings; crafts; pet, art and music therapy. There’s a full calendar of events that will keep you on the move. And don’t forget all the free time you’ll have because the community staff will handle housekeeping, transportation, maintenance and other services.
In each of our Heritage Communities, you’ll discover a home and lifestyle that lets you define living better on your terms, with the senior living amenities you desire. All Heritage Communities share a single mission: To create the senior living experience you want. We’ll connect you to a community that matches your lifestyle, tastes and needs.
We look forward to meeting you and showing you around one of our beautiful communities in Arizona, Iowa, Nebraska or Texas. Download our free guide, The Complete Guide to Choosing Between Senior Living Options. Or contact us today.