Memory Care at Heritage Communities
allows residents to discover more joy in each day.
Heritage Communities offers exceptional and highly personalized services for residents who need dementia care or Alzheimer’s care. Each day, our leadership and care teams actively embody our core values – compassion, trust, respect and fun – while earning the affection of our residents and family members alike.
We are dedicated to providing certified and attentive memory support care to residents with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and early-stage memory loss.
What to expect of Memory Care at Heritage Communities.
Heritage Memory Care communities are cozy, secure environments tailored to those with memory loss. We offer private and semiprivate apartment-style residences that offer direct access to comfortable common areas.
Memory Care facilities are not all alike. At Heritage Communities, we go beyond assisting with activities of daily living – bathing, dressing, grooming, dining and medication management – by customizing each resident’s needs and preferences.
Then, our care teams work one-on-one with each resident to maximize their independence and minimize frustrations that are common to persons living with dementia.
We also offer a delightful array of resident-centric activities that encourage each person’s creative, intellectual, spiritual, artistic and physical talents.
Each community posts its monthly Events Calendar on its website – not only to keep you informed of what’s going on, but also to encourage you to let us know what might be particularly appealing to your loved one.
YOU are essential to our success.
As we welcome your loved one into our community and get to know them better each day, we encourage your input and will gladly listen and keep track of information, stories and insights you share with us.
We know firsthand how difficult it is to care at home for a senior with memory challenges. We also know that helping them transition to living in a long-term care community can be hard – on you as well as on them.
We’re here to help. We will listen, support, encourage and provide information.
To support our Memory Care family members we offer:
- Monthly support group meetings for family members
- One-on-one meetings with an HC social worker or HC care team leader
- Regular communications and updates about your loved one
- Conference calls, Zoom calls, or in-person meetings with important third-party advisors (PCPs, financial planners, attorneys, etc.)
Memory Care Services at Heritage Communities
Heritage Memory Care communities are certified and always adhere to the guidelines of the Alzheimer’s Association®.
While our services are what you expect and require of your trusted team of caregivers, we always strive to exceed your expectations.
Portraits®, our exclusive Memory Care program, features multisensory activities based on the philosophies of Dr. Maria Montessori.
This program is individualized to help each resident:
- Remain as independent as possible
- Engage with people and enjoy new and beloved activities
- Enjoy a meaningful place in their community
- Enhance self-esteem
- Discover opportunities to contribute to their environment
When we welcome your loved one to our community, our Care Team creates an individualized Memory Care Plan for them. The care plan describes goals, opportunities and personalized activities that we believe they will enjoy. In this way, we strive to assist each person to experience more successful moments and fewer frustrations each day.
Memory Care services may include:
- Specialized caregivers
- Physician oversight
- Creation of individualized Memory Care Plan upon move-in
- Medication administration and records management
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Guided memory support and orientation to surroundings
- Encouragement with daily activities
- Assistance with eating and enjoyment of dining
- Life-enrichment activities and recreation therapy programs.
Our Memory Care residences might surprise you:
At Heritage Communities, we are dedicated to providing warm, comfortable and easy-to-navigate private and semiprivate residences for our seniors.
But we go further than that, too.
We are also committed to providing features and extra touches that create joy and make life a little easier.
- Our well-lit kitchenettes include a microwave and a full-sized freezer/refrigerator.
- Our cable TVs offer 71 channels.
- Wireless high-speed internet is included.
- Gas, electricity and water are included, too.
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning units are easy to use.
- Window treatments allow residents to control daylight.
Amenities in Memory Care – more than you might expect!
Amenities in Memory Care communities are much more than “bells and whistles.” In fact, they are often the features that set us apart from other communities, and the reason that our families recommend us to other families.
- Community dining at all mealtimes to encourage socializing
- One-on-one assistance with dining as needed
- Memory preservation activities
- Engaging, multisensory exercises
- Welcome access to secure outdoor spaces
- Art and music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Low-frustration, high-enjoyment (LFHE) fitness activities
- Planned and spontaneous activities
- Snacks and healthy beverages as desired
- Housekeeping and laundry included in monthly fee
- Transportation to routine medical appointments
- Weekly whirlpool bath as desired
How we get to know, and love, each of our Memory Care residents.
Every week, our care team spends one-on-one time with our residents to review their memories, stories and photos, giving us insight into who they are. Where are they from? What was their occupation? Did they raise children? What are their hobbies or talents? What brings them joy? Who do they love?
With a growing understanding of your loved one’s personality, talents, and abilities, we can continually meet their needs, while keeping family or key advisors apprised of changes, challenges, and successes.