Assisted Living Communities for Seniors
The right touch of personal care.
Assisted Living at Heritage Communities provides the comforts of a private or semi private apartment with a supportive lifestyle that welcomes new residents, fosters friendships, and encourages family support.
Our Assisted Living services guarantee 24-hour access to highly trained caregivers who provide assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), including (but not limited to) bathing, dressing and medication administration.
With ADLs discreetly managed, our residents easily enjoy the events of each day with increased confidence.
Services in Assisted Living are tailored to one’s physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs. Our goal is to help our residents remain as independent as possible for as long as possible with a personalized plan of wellness and care.
With unbeatable services and amenities, everything’s in place for living better at Heritage Communities.
Expect more joy, fewer worries, and unexpected conveniences in Assisted Living at Heritage Communities. We currently offer fully licensed assisted living services in Arizona, Nebraska, Texas, and Iowa. Find a Heritage Assisted Living community here.
Our array of services, amenities and activities makes daily life in Assisted Living easier and a lot more enjoyable.
Our Assisted Living Residence Amenities:
At Heritage Communities, we are dedicated to providing modern, comfortable, and easy-to-navigate studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments for our Assisted Living residents.
We also provide features and extra touches that create joy and make life a little easier.
- Kitchenette with a microwave, breakfast bar, and full-sized freezer/refrigerator
- Cable television with 71 channels
- Wireless high-speed internet
- Walk-in closets
- All utilities (gas, electric, water) included
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning units
- Window treatments allow residents to control daylight
For residents who need a little bit more
To better serve our Assisted Living residents who need a little bit more care – but who do not require Memory Care – Heritage Communities has introduced our exclusive Snapshots program.
Snapshots is a program of additional support and care for residents with mild cognitive impairments. Snapshots ensures that participating residents have the opportunity to join and enjoy social engagement.
Snapshots offers thoughtfully designed activities in small groups or one-on-one. We strive to help these residents enjoy fun, social events, when larger group activities may create frustration and distraction.
Our goal is to help residents with mild cognitive impairments once again enjoy leisure activities they may have not enjoyed for some time.
Snapshots structured activities happen several times a week, at times and places most comfortable for the residents. Our program’s success lies in our focus on what our residents can do and enjoy doing. It’s quite simple, but it’s also amazing. To learn more about Snapshots, please give us a call at 402-603-0358.
Our amenities – more than you might expect
Amenities in Assisted Living communities are much more than “bells and whistles.” In fact, they are often the features that set us apart from other communities, and the reason that our families recommend us to other families.
- Community dining at all mealtimes to encourage socializing
- One-on-one assistance with dining as needed
- Engaging, fun and stimulating daily activities
- Welcome access to safe outdoor spaces
- Art and music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Low-frustration, high-enjoyment (LFHE) fitness activities
- Planned and spontaneous activities
- Snacks and healthy beverages as desired
- Housekeeping and laundry included in monthly fee
- Transportation to routine medical appointments
- Weekly whirlpool bath as desired
Community amenities delight the senses and make each day more enjoyable.
- Beautifully landscaped outdoor courtyard
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in our restaurant-style dining room
- Daytime snacks upon request
- In-room dining available
- Private dining room available for parties and social gatherings
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry (sheets and towels)
- Laundry and recycling facilities on site
- On-campus and off-campus events, including cultural excursions, trips to parks and scenic venues, shopping, and much more
- Religious services on site
- Transportation for medical appointments, therapy and grocery shopping
- Personal safety pendant call system for 24-hour assistance
- Fitness center with classes
- Movie theater
- Small pets welcome upon approval
Our Assisted Living Services:
Heritage Communities are dedicated to providing assistance, as needed, with all activities of daily living (ADLs):
- Assistance with eating including meal time reminders
- Bathing or showering
- Dressing and grooming
- Walking (with or without assistance)
- Toileting (assistance on or off; assistance with continence aids)
- Medication reminders and/or medication administration
- Transferring (from bed to toilet, from walker to chair, etc.)
We also provide the following care services as needed, including:
- Needs and Level of Care (LOC) Assessment prior to move-in
- Levels of Care (LOC) to meet your specific health care needs
- Coordination of care with resident’s existing physician
- Visiting physicians as needed
- Coordination of medications with resident’s chosen pharmacy
- Maintenance of resident’s health care and medical records
- Coordination of on-site or off-site physical therapy if needed
- Regular updates to designated family members as requested
- Wellness activities to promote mobility, flexibility and independence
- Social activities to promote healthy friendships and community
- Religious activities to provide spiritual support
- Compliance and daily monitoring of COVID-19 protections and protocols
- On-site access to immunizations and health testing
Frequently Asked Questions
Researching Assisted Living for a loved one and visiting available communities takes a lot of work and patience. We know you have a lot of questions. Here are a few questions we get asked often. We know you may have others. We are here to help with any questions you may have, so do not hesitate to give us a call!
How do I know if it's the right time to consider Assisted Living?
There are many physical, cognitive and emotional signs that clearly indicate it may be time to consider Assisted Living for a friend or loved one. We welcome you to read our blog How to Know When It’s Time for Assisted Living. It gives you a very comprehensive explanation of these key indicators.
What does Assisted Living offer? How much does it cost?
We’ve got answers to these questions right here.
My loved one seems afraid of the idea of Assisted Living. Are there benefits to Assisted Living?
Indeed there are. From improving seniors’ health to helping them live longer and richer lives, Assisted Living has been changing lives for the better for more than 50 years in the U.S. Here’s a great overview of the benefits of Assisted Living.