Welcome relief when needed.
Respite Care offers two key services to both caregivers and seniors.
When a family caregiver needs a temporary break from the 24/7 responsibilities of taking care of a loved one in their home, Heritage Communities can help with a Respite Stay in our Assisted Living communities.
We offer not only a comfortable, furnished residence, but we offer all the care services and amenities one would expect to receive as a full-time resident. Respite Stays can last from a few days to several months.
Seniors who have recently received surgery or intensive in-patient rehabilitation may find they are not quite ready to return home. Respite Stays offer that extra bit of assistance,support, and time to get stronger and healthier before returning home. We work with your physical therapists and your Primary Care Physician to coordinate continued PT, OT, etc., that you may require, and we’ll bring it to you right here on our campus. When you feel ready to return home, we will make that step easy too.
The Benefits of Respite Care
Respite Stays can be coordinated quickly – often within 24 hours. Move-ins can take place as soon as 1–3 days.
We not only provide a furnished apartment for our Respite Stay residents, but all you need to bring are clothes, toiletries, and other small items of importance that you may need and want during your stay.
Our All-Inclusive Daily Rate includes the following:
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Care provided by licensed and specially trained caregivers
- Coordination of PT, OT, etc., with PCP and therapists
- Three meals a day and snacks as requested
- Invitation to all community events and activities
- Safe/secure environment and easy access to outdoor spaces
A Comfortable Introduction to Assisted Living
Respite Stays also offer an easy and non-threatening way for a senior – and their family members – to learn firsthand about the beauty of daily life in a senior living community.
If you or someone you care for is considering moving to a senior living community, Respite Care offers a great way to “try it out.”
You are introduced to all the exceptional benefits available in the community while having time to meet staff, caregivers and new friends.
Respite Stays also give you time to deeply experience what matters to you – the dining program, activities, meeting other residents – things that can be better evaluated with more than one visit.
Time Off for Caregivers
Providing 24/7 caregiving in one’s own home can quickly take a toll on caregivers. Taking time off allows caregivers to assess how they may want to make changes to their daily routine. Hire visiting caregivers to support your efforts? Share responsibilities with another family member? What about asking your loved one if they might be interested in spending a few hours a week enjoying opportunities at a nearby senior center?
Here are several smart ways to enjoy your time off:
- Rest and recharge
- Release some worries knowing your loved one is in good hands
- Travel, take a vacation, or visit family or friends
- Enjoy some self-care, such as exercising, meditation, or a massage
- Reconnecting with hobbies and interests
- Get ahead for the holidays with shopping, baking, etc.
Our Respite Care apartments include:
- Kitchenette including a microwave and full-sized freezer/refrigerator
- Cable television
- Wireless high-speed internet
- A minifridge and microwave in your apartment
- Utilities (gas, electric, water)
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning units
- Window treatments to control daylight
Our Services and Amenities:
- Beautifully landscaped outdoor spaces
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in our full-service, restaurant-style dining room
- Private dining room available for parties and social gatherings
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Recreational trips and extensive activities
- Religious services onsite
- Transportation equipped with a chair lift
- Personal safety pendant call system for 24-hour assistance
- Certified and attentive care staff onsite
- Weekly whirlpool bath
- Small pets welcome
- Exercise facilities and classes
- Community spaces, such as a library, pub and movie theater
Find Respite Care Near You
Most of our Heritage Retirement Communities offer Respite Care. Find the one closest to you and give us a call to find out more!
Heritage Ridge – Bellevue, Nebraska
The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens – Fremont, Nebraska
The Heritage at Sagewood –Grand Island, Nebraska
The Heritage at Fountain Point – Norfolk, Nebraska
Heritage Pointe – Omaha, Nebraska
The Heritage at Legacy – Omaha, Nebraska
The Heritage at Sterling Ridge –Omaha, Nebraska
The Heritage at Creek Valley – Carrollton, Texas
Orchard Pointe at Arrowhead – Glendale, Arizona
Orchard Pointe at Surprise – Surprise, Arizona
Orchard Pointe at Terrazza – Peoria, Arizona
The Heritage at Fox Run – Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Heritage at Northern Hills – Sioux City, Iowa